If you're gonna pick a bunch of apples, you gotta have a plan.
last update: June 28, 2004
Over time (and with a bit of cajoling, poking & whining from some of the participants), here are the final "rules" for how we created & voted on The Apples Project.
1. Categories were chosen from a number suggested by The Apples Project participants.
2. Initial game lists for those categories were compiled by a small committee of extraordinarliy helpful individuals & myself. The aforementioned band of brothers consisted of:
Any errors in the initial lists were entirely my fault... these guys worked hard to give me excellent input, but I had the final editorial authority.
3. The participants were sent these lists, with instructions to choose seven (7) games that fit the category. Write-in nominations were welcome. Each participant had 10 days to respond to the nomination e-mails.
4. Those results were compiled and the top 10 games in each category were selected to move on to the final voting round. In the case of the subjective categories (categories without an initial game list), approx. 15 games went into the final voting.
5. The participants were sent the final votings lists, with instructions to choose five (5) games that fit the category. Write-in nominations were no longer welcome. Each participant had 14 days to respond to the voting e-mails.
6. Those results were compiled and the top 5 games in each category were selected to appear on this website.